Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Journey

Here is "the Journey", which Benjy wrote during the Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet:

The orange sun rose
Into the corners of Plû,
The Field of Rabbits.

There to, He journeys,
Determined, yet uncertain,
Where his Fate does Lie.

He treks on, walks on,
Even though He knows that He
Is facing Troubles.

Through scraggly grass,
Through mountains, through hills, through snow,
He hikes on, walks on.

The wind whipped wildly
As did the Wing and Willow
But He did not stop.

Then after Hours
He sees the Thing, the Cabbage,
That must Go to Plû.

He says with his Nose,
“You go to Plû. So do I.
Let’s go together.”

The Cabbage replies,
“I dare not: For I am cursed
With the Bond of Light.”

He says, determined,
“You must come. Please come, Cabbage.
For You are the Popped.”

The Cabbage replies,
“You don’t understand. I can’t
Now let me explain.”

The Cabbage explained:
“The Fattest Man in the Alps
Has done this to me.”

He said in Reply,
“Then we will kill Him also
And also his Cats.”

In Its Ecstasy,
The Cabbage said, “You are great.
You are merciful!”

And so the Two went.
They did not know that the Three
Were Alongside Them.

The sun sets, into
Árzìg’læmïn’pôakù
The city of Trees.

He says, “I dare not
To forsake you, my Cabbage,
While I am alive.”

But, at that time
The trees were growing, and so
Were the Ones who Sink.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous dared themselves to say:

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

7:12 PM, May 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Website Counters